[Gambas-user] Nesting objects into gridview cells

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Fri Jan 30 21:11:16 CET 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009, M0E Lnx wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> I'd like to know how if anyone has ever been able to nest objects like
> comboboxes, buttons, checkboxes or anything like that into a
> gridview's cell.
>
> I guess what I'm looking for is a way to do what the gambas IDE does
> for a forms or objects properties side panel
>
> I'm attaching a picgure of what I mean so I can be better understood
>
> If anyone can suggest a way to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it
>
> Thank you

this is not _in_ the cell but overlay on the cell
create the combobox run/design time as hidden control in the same container as the grid
on events of the grid as mouse_down or click copy width/height of the cell
to the combobox. Set left and height as the cells left/height and make visible
On leave of the combobox get the entered/selected data and hidde the combobox.

I made it for a project of mine and did works very nice.
gambas does not work anymore now.
It was a program i write in php and reprogrammed in gambas but I'm back in php with it.

Best regards,

Ron_1st