[Gambas-user] Whilst on the topic of string functions

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Sun Jan 18 22:05:43 CET 2009

Could I add to the wish list string functions to do these things.

* Strip duplicated blanks from within a string
	eg. john  Doe becomes:
              john Doe

* Upper case only the first letter of a sentance or all words
	eg. john doe becomes John Doe (useful in entering names)

I'm sure there are many others - I know python has a stack which I always
found useful when using wxPython.

Perhaps others have some code. I'll harp on again about the need for an
integrated code suppository distributed with gambas - we all must be sitting
on a stack of useful subroutines.

Regards

Richard