[Gambas-user] Component Web Browser

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jan 15 16:46:49 CET 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 02:24, andy wrote:
> It seems to me some differences in images rendering , comparing with
> same html page in Firefox. It dipends from different backend (Gecko and
> Kde)?
>
> Do u think to improve this component? Thankyou

The gb.qt.kde.html component uses KHTML to render pages.  Other than being
the rendering engine for Konqueror, KHTML is essentially Webkit, used in
the iPhone, Safari and Google Chrome.  You would need to talk to the
KHTML/Webkit developers to request changes in page rendering.

It should be possible to write a different html component using Gecko, but
I personally don't have time to do that.

Rob