[Gambas-user] Gambas2 components?

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Wed Jan 14 09:53:09 CET 2009

Mmm,

Maybe it's me, but I'm not seeing anything it doesn't already do ... ???

All objects / returned data etc are available to the user .. true it's via method and property calls, but this is the way it should be in an OOP system .. we don't expose raw data(!)

Gareth.

----- Original Message -----
From: "dave L" <dglnz at ...43...>
Sent: Wednesday, 14 January, 2009 8:32:10 AM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas2 components?

Hi Garth,

got the version listed on the website shown below and able to follow it BUT i don't use mysql but postgres but it's interesting to see what you've done by walking thorough your code as far as i can.

Been thinking here and please you or anyone else correct me but couldn't this be done?

1. using the DB demo form and code.
    import that into your project enter connection strings to enable a valid connection to a RDBMS.
    having the form hidden at run-time so it's available to use but not visible to the user.

2. using the Rrequest form code as an object (thus allowing multiple table connections) and having the recordset be returned back to the user code for further actions.

that could reduce a lot of repeatitive coding for every project.

eg.

for every DB Control in a programmers project you would either share the recordset (thus a move in 1 control would be the same move in the others) object OR create/have new recordsets for each DB Control.

3. control of writting data into the tables could also be managed via the code within the Frequest code.

from my observations it looks doable and with my limited coding knowledge of Gambas be easily incorporated into the next build cycle.

***** snipped *****

The closest thing you're going to get for the moment is GridEditor.
http://gambasrad.org/software/gambas-grideditor

***** snipped *****

      Get the world's best email - http://nz.mail.yahoo.com/