[Gambas-user] Gambas3 compilation problem

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Wed Jan 14 04:09:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm using SVN with libtool 1.5.26 .. (Ubuntu 8.10) , seems to compile and work (generally) ..

Gareth.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jussi Lahtinen" <jussi.lahtinen at ...626...>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 10:19:38 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas3 compilation problem

Hi!
Some progress again...
I managed to compile Gambas3 (revision 1799) with these steps (ubuntu
8.10 64bit):

1. sudo dpkg --force-downgrade -i libtool_1.5.26-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
2. svn checkout https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk/
3. autoreconf --install
4. ./configure -C
5. make
6. sudo make install

So only step 3 has changed.
(same without step 1 [with libtool 2.2.4] not tested jet)
Comments?

Thought I'm not completely sure everything is ok.
Every time I close Gambas3, I get this to terminal;
Segmentation fault

I made very simple test project, and it's running ok.
But when I close it, it raises signal 11. That happens only when
running it on IDE,
when I run it as executable, no error message window.
>From terminal I have same error than from IDE it self;
$ gbr3 testi.gambas
Segmentation fault

This problem is maybe only on my installation..?
Is signal 11 same as segmentation fault?

Then more general issue...
Compatibility between version 2 and 3.
I noticed that forms made with Gambas2 cannot be opened with Gambas3.
I'm working on pretty big project which is originally wrote with vb6.
While waiting Gambas3 I have been converting that project to Gambas2.
Now I'm starting to think that was mistake... Is there going to be
migrator/converter
form version 2 to 3?
Main reason I need Gambas3 is ByRef command and pointers...

Thanks!

Jussi