[Gambas-user] Gambas Vs. Gnome 2.24

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 10 22:55:35 CET 2009

On mardi 6 janvier 2009, richard terry wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:08:57 am Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> > > I cannot compile the dev version for versions incompatibility of
> > > libtool. I will try to compile it when I will solve this issue.
> >
> >  Have I understand correctly... You compiled 2.10.2 successfully with
> > libtool >= 2.0,
> >  possibly with libtool 2.2.4..?
> >  Ubuntu 8.10 64bit ?
> >  I seem to have problems with libtool when trying to compile gambas3.
> >  And like you, I have compiled stable versions with no problems.
> >  So, I'm very interested if you invent solution to that problem!
> >

> > Jussi
>
> probably of no use to you, but on my ARCH linux system  gambas svn up to
> latest version 1789  compiles ok with libtool 2.2.6a-1
>
> Richard

I don't have any libtool 2 version on Mandriva, so it is hard for me to test.

Apparently some can compile the same source tree without problems, and some
cannot, both with libtool 2. It is strange, and not necessarily in favor of
libtool 2.

I'd like to know why Mandriva didn't switch to libtool 2, but maybe there is a
good reason?

For those who cannot compile gambas (2 or 3) with libtool 2, please post the
full output of the configure process so that we get more information.

Benoit Minisini