[Gambas-user] How to read keys from a TreeView in Gambas2?

Thu Jan 8 11:44:20 CET 2009

Proceeding to convert a Gambas1 app to Gambas2, I found that reading key
values or stepping through the values is different now.

The TreeView shows names of persons sorted under groups/classes/filters
sorted under years sorted under a root header, in brief:

Root1
	2004
	2005
	2006
		Group1
		Group2 <-- Cursor
			John
			Benoit
			Michael
			Rolf
		Group3
	2007
	2008
Root2

What I want is when the cursor is on Group2 and I call my function, it
expands and reads all keys of the names within this group.

This is the code in Gambas1:

     baum.Current.Expanded = TRUE

     namenKeys.Clear

     FOR i = 1 TO baum.Current.Children
       baum.Item.MoveBelow
       IF Left$(baum.Item.Key, 1) = "#" THEN
         namenKeys.Add(baum.Item.Key)
       ELSE
         BREAK
       END IF
     NEXT

"baum" is the TreeView, "namenKeys" is an array that should return the
keys which were found. The idea was to read the keys either up to the
number of children or until the next key doesn't have a "#".

This doesn't run in Gambas2 this way, but I didn't find a way to make it
run. MoveBelow doesn't seem to exist anymore (Gambas2 won't show an
error, however), and I tried any possible combination of using
MoveAfter() with Item and Current, but to no avail.

So, can anybody help here?

Thanks so much!

Rolf