[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL LONGTEXT field type (Null data)

Luigi Carlotto md9327 at ...120...
Sat Jan 3 12:00:04 CET 2009

I have changed the heading of the mail, because I have noticed that
sometimes it does not come received from the mailing list.
In any case, this continuous speech approximately the problem of the
fields “longtext” in MySQL.

I have executed of the tests, to line of commando from Linux, in order
to understand the reason for which in Gambas they do not come loaded the
fields “longtext” from the database “information_schema” with MySQL.

The error, to how much seems, does not seem derived from an anomaly of
Gambas, but from an anomaly of MySQL, that is, executing the logon and
the query on the table “information_schema”, like customer root (and
with the commando “mysql”), the data come extracted all in complete and
corrected way; if the same operation comes carried out with an other
customer (not administrative), the type fields “longtext” they turn out
NULL.

I have verified the same thing with Gambas and, in effects, it is
behaved in the same way.
I have controlled the MySQL logon parameters, so as to verify if some
various formulation between the several customers exists, but have not
found some difference.
I have verified if the behavior were identical in phpMyAdmin (a program
PHP of management for MySQL), but strangely, the data comes always
visualized in corrected way, with any customer.

I have controlled code PHP, but some formulation does not exist, that it
can condition such behavior.
To this point, the anomaly sure is caused from MySQL, but I do not
succeed to understand like resolving the problem.
Also I have tried to give GRANT to the customers, but for the outline
“information_schema” it is not possible, since this is a database of
system.

Examples:

USER: root (mysql --host=localhost --port=5432 --user=root
--password=xyz --database=test)
mysql> SELECT routine_name, routine_type, routine_definition FROM
information_schema.routines WHERE routine_name = 'hello' AND
routine_type = 'FUNCTION'   AND routine_schema = 'test';
+--------------+--------------+--------------------------------+
| routine_name | routine_type | routine_definition             |
+--------------+--------------+--------------------------------+
| hello        | FUNCTION     | return concat('Hello, ',s,'!') |
+--------------+--------------+--------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

USER: test (mysql --host=localhost --port=5432 --user=test
| routine_name | routine_type | routine_definition |
| hello        | FUNCTION     | NULL               |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

How it is possible to resolve this problem?