[Gambas-user] How to create a web site with Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 21 22:38:13 CET 2009

> Although I've never used Gambas for a website,
> And I would like to soon...
> It would be something like this:
>
> Apache would have to be configured to invoke Gambas when Apach found
> a particular suffix.
> Example: a webpage ending in .php Apache knows to invoke PHP processor
> If you set Apache to detect (for example) .gb, it would then invoke Gambas
> and pass the the name (ie) foo.gb to Gambas to run.
> You name all your Gambas scripts to whatever.gb
> Print to Gambas standard out which Apache catches and sends back to the
> client.
>
> Now...the details...
>
> Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.
> -Fernando

Just install a Gambas executable as CGI script, and use the gb.web component.
You will get methods from the gb.web component to get the request and create
the HTTP response header. You send the response contents by using the PRINT
instruction.

Benoît