[Gambas-user] Problems with Gambas 3 installation on Kubuntu

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Feb 20 23:35:57 CET 2009

> On Friday 20 February 2009, Ron_1st wrote:
> > On Friday 20 February 2009, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > > So, Ron, can you try to do the same thing as me: compile the latest
> > > revision, but from scratch, by doing a full checkout in a new
> > > directory, and by removing everything related to Gambas 3 on your
> > > system before.
> >
> > Yes, I will do as quick as possible today, I must go to work.
> >
> > > If it does not work then, I think I will put the Ubuntu team in a plane
> > > and make crash them on a lost island. :-)
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ron_1st
>
> No lucky me :(
>
> Attached the logfiles.
> The mymake2.log is the reainder part because the gb.v4l problems.
> Forgotten to remark the wrong 'case undeclared_value' lines.
>

> Funny found in install for 1883, was correct in 1851 :
> ---------------
> Compiling the gb.xml.rpc project...
> gbi3: warning: component gb.xml.rpc not found
> gb.xml.rpc
> OK

This warning is normal and not a problem.

> Creating the information files for gb.xml.rpc component...
> gb.xml.rpc
> ----------------
> in 1883 not 1851
> Making install in gb.cairo
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ron/src/gambas3/trunk1883/gb.cairo'
> Making install in src
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ron/src/gambas3/trunk1883/gb.cairo/src'
>
> You working hard :)
> ----------------
> in 1883
> -------
> gb.debug
> gb.desktop
> gb.eval
>

> gb.gtk
> gb.gtk.ext
> gb.gtk.svg
> -----
> in 1851
> -----
> gb.debug
> gb.desktop
> gb.eval
> gb.form
> gbi3: warning: .info file not found in component archive.
> gb.form.dialog
> gb.form.mdi
> gbi3: warning: .info file not found in component archive.
> gb.gtk
> gb.gtk.ext
> gb.gtk.svg
> --
> Good those warnings are gone :)
> in 1883
> gb.xml
> gb.xml.rpc
> gb.xml.xslt
> Installing the components...
> Compiling gb.settings...

> in 1851
> gb.xml
> gb.xml.rpc
> gb.xml.xslt
> Installing the components...
> Compiling gb.settings...
>
> Oops gb.form and gb.form.mdi not done???
> -----------
> in both:
> warning: cannot read component list file: gb.form.list
> So the .info and .list are still not present. :)
> -------------
> in both
> Compiling Database/Database/...
> warning: cannot read component list file: gb.form.list
> warning: cannot read component list file: gb.db.form.list
> /usr/local/share/gambas3/examples/Database/Database/FMain.class:182:
> Unknown identifier: Frame
>
> In general I can say just remove the svn version 1883 and 1851 and both
> logs are mor or less equal.
> Just the double gbi pass is visible
>
> Can you agree there must be something going wrong with gbi?

I don't know if it is gbi that is wrong or your system: I installed the last
Kubuntu from scratch, and everything compiles and installs as expected. So
what is the difference between your system and a Kubuntu installed from
scratch with all the development package needed to compile Gambas?

> Given the home compiled gambas2 version of gbi works it would be nice to
> put temporary the code of gb2 but i do not expect it will work :=)
> It is of course not the solution.
>
> Can you provide me with a print/sprint line for output to seperate file
> when gbi is running. I can then try deep testing gbi to find the
> stupid abort in gbi.
> It can be a basic line, the routing to the seperate file.
> For the print/sprint I must be able to find or do you suggest something
> else.

gbi3 creates the *.list and *.info files only for components written in C/C++.
For components written in Gambas, these files are actually created by the
compiler (gbc3). So it is not necessarily gbi's fault.

I will compare your compilation output with the one on my Kubuntu 8.10, and I
will tell you...

Benoît