[Gambas-user] gambas3

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Feb 18 18:20:54 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 01.02.2009, 13:55 +0100 schrieb Charlie Reinl:
> -----------8<--------------------------------------
> > Ausgecheckt, Revision 1839.
> > Revision 1839.
> > *********************************
> > ./reconf-all
> > *********************************
> > ran without Error,
> > but a $ gambas3
> > gives :
> > ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file
> >

> > To say also, my Ubuntu is not a freshly installed Ubuntu 8.04, but an
> > updated Ubuntu 6.06 (last LTS)
>
> Salut,
>
> coming up again with that:
> now for :
> Ausgecheckt, Revision 1878.
> Revision 1878.
>
> There where no ERROR's reported
> but a
> *:/opt/gambas/3$ gambas3
> gives that
> ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file
> I'v made nothing since 01.02.2009, 13:55 only executed my
> compilation-script.
>
> I have all the log if needed!

I have given up to find it.

I got log files from Benoit and could destilate the diffs between
his mandrake and ubuntu logs the find the diffs between kubuntu 8.04 and 8.10
I did not found real hard differences and send those back to Benoit for comment.

The only thing I know for sure is during 'make install' the compiled
gbi aborts his process and does not creat the .info and .list files.

It is related to qt and visual controls for gambas components (sensitive is form)
The error line given matche the .form file instead of the .class
file, line number is the line where the first control is after {
and has the control name mentioned in the error line.

I think the gambas source is not direct the bad part but suspect the
make/configure files and the gcc environment missing something
or has changed between (k)ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10

PS
I did found in the make scripts a mistake that could be the culprit
but to find it back I need someting to parse those files and search for
 --> this is a bad script with name of "aword"that fails

The special sequence I need to find is --> "aword"that
It has a missing space after the second quote.
Regexpr is not my strongest thing.

Best regards,

Ron_1st