[Gambas-user] IDE improvement

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Wed Feb 18 16:24:26 CET 2009

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
>> I would suggest a little IDE improvement...
>> I think that it should be useful and clearer to change the state of the
>> cursor icon to "busy" then we compile a project so that the user can
>> clearly see when the operations terminates.
>> Now the only way to know when the operation ends is to look at the
>> status bar in he bottom left corner and wait for the message
>> "compilation... (etc)" disappears.
>
> The cursor icon *is* changed to "busy" when you compile the project. You don't
> have to wait for the message to disappear. As soon as you don't see the busy
> cursor anymore, the compilation is finished.
>
> Or maybe the compiler is too fast? :-)

I see a little changing... something that I can say is less than an half
a second. But only if I leave the cursor on the compile button.
But the message in the status bar persists for more than 4 or 5 seconds...
What do I have to think? That the compilation has been terminated when
the icon backs to arrow or when the message disappears?

(Ubuntu 8.10, Gnome 2.24, Gambas 2.11.1 compiled from sources).

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software

Co-fondatore di Gambas-it.org
Il sito di riferimento della comunità italiana degli utenti di Gambas
www.gambas-it.org