[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 -> Gambas 3

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Feb 17 22:38:38 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:42:09 pm Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Benoît Minisini schrieb:
> >> Good morning Benoit (and everyone)
> >>
> >> Just came about a question: When I want to bring my Gambas2 app to
> >> Gambas3, will this be as roundabout as it is from Gambas1 to Gambas2?
> >> (Creating new forms and converting the code...) Or is it more upward
> >> compatible?
> >>
> >> The reason for asking this is that you told me that you would just
> >> maintain bugfixes in Gambas2 and bring changes only to Gambas3. As I'm
> >> still maintaining some bigger Gambas1 projects, I would then migrate
> >> them to Gambas3 directly rather than having them under Gambas2 - if it's
> >> as much work again...
> >>
> >> Hope I could make clear what I mean...
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Rolf
> >
> > The weirdest thing between Gambas 2 and Gambas 3 at the moment is
> > Desktop.Scale, that is smaller in Gambas 3.
> >
> > Gambas 3 does a little conversion for controls whose W and H <= 3 *
> > Desktop.Scale (it adds one Desktop.Scale), but you have to update all
> > your forms and check them one by one to redesign them.
> >
> > There are many other changes in instruction syntax and class interfaces,
> > but I never note them at the moment. Hopefully, they are less changes
> > between Gambas 3 and Gambas 2 than between Gambas 2 and Gambas 1.
> >
> > So please try and tell us the result! :-)
>
> LOL - ok, I will. I would. If I could.
>
> Downloaded the svn and tried to compile it, it stopps here:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lqt-mt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[5]: *** [gb.qt.kde.html.la] Fehler 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory
> `/home/tester/gambastest/trunk/gb.qt.kde/src/html'
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/tester/gambastest/trunk/gb.qt.kde/src'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tester/gambastest/trunk/gb.qt.kde'
> make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tester/gambastest/trunk/gb.qt.kde'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tester/gambastest/trunk'
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
>
> Any idea what's wrong here?

I compile the svn daily, and I had the exact same problem which appeared
suddenly a month ago and my previous scripts for compiling gambas3 stopped
working, despite the fact that the appropriate libraries seemed to be on my
machine, and in theory the pathways were as well.

Now the sad part.

After days and days of searching every forum on the internet I found a
solution which I can't remember.

But the potential good news, its contained within my PKGBUILD file which I use
to compile the package with, so I've enclosed it. I think..... and not sure,
that it was this line:

make LDFLAGS+=-L/opt/qt/lib

that I included in the script which made the difference.

Hope this helps.

Richard