[Gambas-user] Re; Threads ...

Fri Feb 6 10:34:01 CET 2009

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
>> But in the end, I suspect it is a complicated job... if you want several
>> connections you have to keep trace of every one - not an easy job. And
>> probably it would be slow (on my home machine EXECs are really slow, I
>> don't know why).
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> EXEC has no reason to be slow by itself. Can you give more details about this
> problem?

I think I noticed a slowness, but decided to ignore it. It came out from
my file manager, a gambas app, that uses EXECs and SHELLs to do al the
real work (copy, move, tar, gunzip and so on). It is only an impression,
partially justified by the fact that for every file operation an EXEC
(or SHELL - can't remember) is invoked, instead of operating directly on
the file. If I find some time I will investigate.

Anyway, a web server which uses EXECs to do normal I/O would be not
optimized - in that respect I suggested that it would be "slow".

Regards,
Doriano