[Gambas-user] Re; Threads ...

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Feb 6 04:08:27 CET 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 20:46, Gareth Bult wrote:
> I'm trying to decide whether to try Gambas for a Web project because
> I've seen people mention that one of the design features (?) was that it
> could run web server type applications (?)

Gambasdoc.org actually runs on a Gambas web application written by Benoit.
You can find its source as app/src/doc.cgi in the Gambas tarball.

> .. I'm thinking multiple
> threads could be emulated by running the application a number of times
> and using some sort of IPC mechanism to share session information ... is
> there a more elegant solution to the problem of serving pages / IO
> blocking?

You're talking about writing an actual HTTP daemon in Gambas?  I don't
think that's really necessary, but it's been done in Perl, Python, etc.
for particular applications.

If you're going to start multiple copies of the program to simulate
multithreading, you might as well just run it as an xinetd service using a
file or database store for session information.

Rob