[Gambas-user] Mysql comments - may interest some users

Gareth Bult gareth at ...2066...
Fri Feb 6 02:48:57 CET 2009

:)

I've been using MySQL for a long time and I have at least half a dozen servers running something like 1000 queries per second peak with a few hundred average .. over at least 2 years. Never had a crash! Never had a wrong result - as far as I know .. ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "richard terry" <rterry at ...1946...>
Sent: Thursday, 5 February, 2009 9:42:21 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: [Gambas-user] Mysql comments - may interest some users

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/05/2024257

"Michael 'Monty' Widenius, the original developer of the open-source MySQL
database, has left Sun Microsystems and is starting his own company, Monty
Program Ab, he said in a blog post Thursday. Widenius and Sun had a slightly
rocky relationship since the vendor bought MySQL last year for $1 billion. In
a much-discussed November blog post, he trashed Sun's decision to give MySQL
5.1 a 'generally available' designation, saying it was riddled with serious
bugs

Knew there was a reason I stuck to postgres!

Regards

Richard

Gareth Bult (Gareth at ...2067...)