[Gambas-user] Some file/use or progress bar questions.

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Feb 2 11:40:49 CET 2009

1) I have a file with some 30,000 lines, but I want to know how many lines are
in the file before I do anything to it - is this possible. I couldn't see how
just looking at the syntax for files.

2) Given that I could figure out how many lines, I wondered if someone could
give me some tips on how to use the progress bar and how one moves it along
in any situation in response to how long something takes - I mean - does one
just "guess" the time it will take and move the pointer accordingly?

Regards

richard