[Gambas-user] Gambas scripter

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 31 14:25:57 CET 2009

> Some first experiences building scripts using gbs2
>
> Is it possible to display the errors at end of the output?
> If you execute a large script from shell and have a compile error you
> keep on scrolling up to see the error.
>
> Or even better when there is an error on a line, display the script
> source until that line number with the error below it.
> Maybe this is difficult because of the way scripting works. And/or
> display line numbers in front of source code lines.

The scripter is very hacky: welcome to you, tester! :-)

You can run gbs2 by hand on your script with the "-v" option to get a bit more
information on what is done. "gbs2 --help" to get all the options.

> Another thing, there is no way to get the file name of the script from
> within the code.
>
> Application.Args[0] =
> /tmp/gambas.1000/script-cache/75ee02d930493c0fdc45e92c5b297df5
>
> Application.Name =  6dc71006365626c9524efb11972ce2af
>
> Script name in this case was 'callerid.script'

Yes, this is a problem I don't know how to solve yet. Maybe by making
Application.Args writable, and changing Application.Args[0] at script startup.
Alas I can only do that in Gambas 3.

Benoît Minisini