[Gambas-user] Anti-aliasing painting

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 30 23:28:30 CET 2009

Here is some news from the latest developments in Gambas 3...

There is now a new class, "Paint", that acts like the "Draw" class, but draws
things with anti-aliasing.

The Paint interface is different from the Draw interface. It is very inspired
from the Cairo library interface (with some diabolical variations of course).

There is a new example, named "Painting", that will shows you what can be done
with this new class.

Both gb.qt4 and gb.gtk implement the Paint interface.

At the moment, Paint can draw on Picture, DrawingArea, and Image (this is
new).

In the future, Paint will draw on Printer (gb.gtk will have print support!),
and will generate SVG, Postscript and Pdf documents, in both components!

Laurent Carlier has added shader support to the OpenGL components, but I can't
tell more, I have very few knowledge about that... Maybe he will give us more
explanations. :-)

You can see that as sort of Mithra / Christmas / Hanouka / Aïd / (insert your
prefered religious or non-religious day there) present.

Enjoy all that, and please report any bug or strangeness as usual.

--
Benoît Minisini