[Gambas-user] Where can I find the version number?

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Wed Dec 30 22:56:47 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 30.12.2009, 22:24 +0100 schrieb Matti:
> But that's the version I would like to install (doesn't work).
> I'd like to know the installed version to use Charlie's script.
>
> Laurent Carlier schrieb:
> > Le mercredi 30 décembre 2009 20:44:30, Matti a écrit :
> >> Trying to find the version (build) number of my running installation of
> >>  Gambas3. Thought this must be easy, but just can't find it.
> >> - Where do I have to look?
> >> - Wouldn't it be useful to give this information in "? - About" (instead of
> >>  "2.99")?
> >>
> >> Matti
> >>

> > Try svn info in the root of your svn trunk

Hi Matti,

first , I'v to say, you should have a working version of gambas3 and the
IDE for gambas3. Isn't it?

So why you continue to compile newer version, knowing they fail!?

If you need to find the last version which compiles with your system, do
the following :

I suppose you have DSL, so ..

by using my script. Go back <last rev.> - 10, till it compiles.
Compile always from scratch  (answer 'Y') !
As it fails as reconf-all so it is not a big lose of time.

If you want closer, add one or two rev versions (forward/backward).

--
Amicalement
Charlie