[Gambas-user] IsBlank, version 2.8, is this intended or is this a bug, WEIRD

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 30 20:59:11 CET 2009

> Hi
> I got me a login screen with two textbox, username and password
>
> PUBLIC SUB btnOK_Click()
>
>   WITH txtUserName
>     DEBUG IsBlank(txtUserName.TEXT)
>     DEBUG IsBlank(txtPassword.TEXT)
>     DEBUG txtPassword.TEXT
>     IF IsBlank(.text) = FALSE THEN
>       IF IsBlank(txtPassword.text) = FALSE THEN
>         Module1.pvLoginStatus = TRUE
>         ME.Close(TRUE)
>       ELSE
>         WITH txtPassword
>           Message("Pls enter your password", "OK")
>           .SelectAll
>           .setFocus
>         END WITH
>       ENDIF
>     ELSE
>       Message("Pls enter a user name ", "OK")
>       .SelectAll
>       .SetFocus
>     ENDIF
>   END WITH
>
> END
>
> If i entered username and then click on the ok button, isblank will not
> treat password textbox as blank but if i at the pasword textbox purposely
> press the space bar then click the ok button then isblank will be true and
> lastly, my final test is after entering username then at the password
> textbox press the tab key, isblank check on password textbox will also
> returned false, How come need to purposely press the space bar at the
> pasword textbox in order for isblank to work ppl?

What you wrote is not really understable... Did you read the documentation of
IsBlank() on the wiki? I'm not sure this is the function you need.

Benoît Minisini