[Gambas-user] Weird, form width alway return as 640

Tue Dec 29 16:13:53 CET 2009

cwyong1 ha scritto:
> Hi all
> i m experimenting with the HelloWorld project and i m confused, pls tell me
> what is wrong here. Thanking you all in advance
>
> This is what i have added to the code
>
> PUBLIC SUB _new()
>
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
> DEBUG Form.width
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
>
>   DEBUG Form.width
>
> END
>
> When i run the project, debug show this
> FMain.Form_Open.8: 640
>
> I then resize the window and on clicking the button 1, debug show this
> FMain.Form_Open.8: 640
> FMain.Button1_Click.13: 640
>
> So, my question is how come the width is still showing 640 when the width
> have increased.

Perhaps you should use "FMain.width", or "ME.Width" and not "Form.width".

"Form" is not an instance of a class, but a class name. I don't know
what gambas does in this case (it should give a compilation error, I
suppose; what is the sense of querying a field of a non-instantiated
class?).

Regards,
Doriano