[Gambas-user] Revision: 2514

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Fri Dec 25 17:28:25 CET 2009

Le jeudi 24 décembre 2009 17:33:56, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> > > I guess it's because the m4/ltversion.m4 is missing.... There is really
> > > a big differences between libtool 1.5.x and 2.x ! Does the file is
> > > present ?
> > >
> > > With libtool 2.x (and install option)  ltversion.m4 is automaticaly
> > >  installed, files  config.guess, ltmain.sh,  config.sub, install-sh are
> > > not needed (i've remove them and it's building fine (they are created
> > > during make install). Users (benoit and others) should try to remove
> > > them and see if they are correctly created (and it's installing fine)
> > >
> > > Here it's libtool version 2.2.6b (libtool --version);
> > >
> > > We can keep compatibility with with 1.5.x libtool, but we will have lot
> > > of headache with libtool 2.x,
> > >
> > > ++
> >
> > config.guess, ltmain.sh, config.sub and install.sh in source
> >  sub-directories are all symbolic links to the one located in the source
> >  root directory.
> >
> > I will remove them, and you will tell me what happens! :-)
>
> I said rubbish. All these files are not versioned at all, so they are
>  always recreated when you do a reconf after a checkout.
>
> So I don't see how Gambas could be compilable with both libtool 1.5 and
> libtool 2.x...

And here it's failling to build without '--install' option in libtoolize:
[lordh at ...2346... trunktst]$ ./reconf
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to
`aclocal.m4':
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Remember to add `LT_INIT' to configure.ac.
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: adding subdirectory main to autoreconf
autoreconf: Entering directory `main'
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --install
autoreconf: configure.ac: not running libtoolize: --install not given
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --no-force
configure.ac:6: required file `./config.guess' not found
configure.ac:6:   `automake --add-missing' can install `config.guess'
configure.ac:6: required file `./config.sub' not found
configure.ac:6:   `automake --add-missing' can install `config.sub'
configure.ac:6: required file `./install-sh' not found
configure.ac:6:   `automake --add-missing' can install `install-sh'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1