[Gambas-user] array declaration versus referencing array elements

kevinfishburne kevinfishburne at ...1887...
Wed Dec 16 07:46:14 CET 2009

Doriano Blengino wrote:

> I think you posed a question and replied to it by yourself... :-)

Hi Doriano. That is super funny. ;) Yes, I was more or less looking for
confirmation of the behaviour and hoping to provide a reference for anyone
else who may have been similarly confused and searching the forum/list. I
searched for "out of bounds" and didn't find an answer, neither was it in
the "array declaration" section of the documentation. Sadly I think my mind
was poisoned by VB's convention, leading to my confusion. Glad to hear it
follows sensible convention and ignored VB's arbitrary logic. I'm paranoid
about my code and don't like to leave much to uncertainty.

-----
Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...1887... sales at ...1887...
phone: (770) 853-6271