[Gambas-user] Bambas <---> Python

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Tue Dec 15 12:39:47 CET 2009

Pino Zollo a écrit :
>> I lost too much time with things like that and now strongly consider
>> to interface all calculation to Python and only keep GB as a GUI.
>
>> This shouldn't add that many things to the system: as of Linux, Python
>> is a std install, as of Debian, this will only require a few packages
>> to add (AND it'll solve docs templates, PDF generation and some other
>> dead-ends)
>
>> Regards,
>> JY
>
> I am interested in that !!
> Please JY how can I do it ? Can you provide an example ?
>
> Python interfaces to FORTRAN and I would like to call from Gambas some FORTRAN
> routines.

Unfortunately, the only way I see now is to call a Python subroutine
by SHELL or EXEC (but I'm terribly far away to know all about GB).

This will look ugly, but it is the only way to take the best of the 2 worlds:
GUI from GB, nice and accurate calculation from Python.

Apart ugliness, benefits can be large: think about directly writing .XLS
or .ODS or .PDF for your users, or use whatever templates systems you want
to generate nifty docs :)

Regards
JY
--
"He flung himself on his horse and rode madly off in all directions."