[Gambas-user] Financial program

Tony ajw4me at ...466...
Mon Dec 14 21:19:39 CET 2009

Kari Laine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already done little billing program for my parents little firm.
> It was a learning exercise. It would make a big help to get little
> companies to move to Linux if there was a financial program that run
> on Linux and would be free. There comes in Gambas.
>
> Is there already an GPLed financial program made with Gambas?
> If not is someone having different parts of a system willing to donate
> source code under GPL?
>
> My billing program is so horrible that in it's condition I don't want
> to show it's sources to anyone... it was my first Gambas program...
>
> Why Gambas would be extra value for this kind of a project.? Gambas is
> easy language and integrated editor makes it very easy to implement
> user interface. Speed and other things which are good in C or C++ are
> not so important. Naturally someone says Python would be way to go but
> I find it more difficult than Gambas. Idea is that regular Joe with
> little experimenting could change the program.
>
> Best Regards
> Kari

Hi,

Whilst obviously not written in Gambas, I've been using GnuCash for
personal accounting for some time. The double entry bit and UI are a
little clunky for my basic needs, but in the end it works. I'm think you
can use it for billing and you can tailor reports etc in guile, so it
may be worth a look. Source code should be available since it is GPL.

Tony..