[Gambas-user] Button not working

Matti math.eber at ...221...
Sun Dec 13 16:37:01 CET 2009

Last week, someone posted about a new form and a button "butty" not working
(don't have the mail here anymore).

This reminded me of a similar problem I once had. Could it be that the problem
was not with the code, but with another process running at the same time?

Attached, you find a tiny example (made with 2.17). When the program starts, a
loop is started, either by Form_Activate or by a Timer event. The loop has a
WAIT in it, so you can press a button and show a 2nd Form. But this one will not
react until the loop in FMain is finished. If you use ShowModal for the 2nd
Form, everything is blocked, the program goes dead.

Maybe this is a hint for the poster, and maybe someone can explain that?

Matti