[Gambas-user] Really dumb question about dialog forms

Les Hardy les at ...2337...
Fri Dec 11 09:31:11 CET 2009

richard terry wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009 17:22:54 you wrote:
>> 2009/12/11 richard terry <rterry at ...1946...>:
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> My really stupid question for the week.
>> I'm sorry. You've already done that three times this week.
>>
>>> If I had a textbox on the form and wanted to return its contents, what
>>> would be the change in syntax required?
>> None whatsoever.
>>
>> Create a public variable in a common module. Set the variable from
>> within your modal form and read it from somewhere else, such as the
>> code that called the form, for example.
>>
>>> Thanks in anticipation.
>> I'll send you the bill.
>>
> I've already done that and its the method I use, so no $ accrue to you,
> however I wondered if there was  way of returning it via the modal form.

Forgive my stupidity, but I must be missing something here. I don't
understand the problem.
My understanding is that when form controls are set public, you just
access the contents of any form from the form you are in. Modal or not.
Or have I been doing it wrong?