[Gambas-user] Really dumb question about dialog forms

Fri Dec 11 09:33:53 CET 2009

Kadaitcha Man ha scritto:
>> If I create a new form with the dialog support it gets this code:
>> Public Sub Run() As Boolean
>>

>> If I had a textbox on the form and wanted to return its contents, what would
>> be the change in syntax required?
>>

> None whatsoever.
>
> Create a public variable in a common module. Set the variable from
> within your modal form and read it from somewhere else, such as the
> code that called the form, for example.

...with good restful peace for good programming tecniques...

I don't know what is this issue of "modal forms support" in gambas3 but,
if things are as you have put them, then it is awful. Anyway, to create
variables in yet another module, so ones have three files to do a single
thing, is just the best way to mess up everything.

Regards,
Doriano