[Gambas-user] Problem with tableview when in edit mode

Thu Dec 3 16:49:24 CET 2009

I am modifying an old program, which uses a TableView to construct an
invoice.
The tableview is almost always in edit mode.

With gambas version 2.0.0, the original version I used to write the
program, there is no problem (not this one).

Now I upgraded to gambas v. 2.15 (debian package gambas2 2.15.2-1),
running on a debian "stable" release.

When in the tableview (in edit mode) I press an arrow key, the cursor
slips on every possible cell in the request direction, until it finds
the end of the tableview. But this is not enough: if the cursor key is
Left or Right, the cell walking goes even further, wrapping to the next
or previous row and restarting.

I created an executable, and it behaves the same.

Then I copied the executable to another machine, having gbx2 version
2.0.0, and the problem does not show up.

The program uses explicitly QT; both machines have libqt-mt.so.3.3.8
installed, and the same debian "stable" os, and I use both machines from
a third machine running an X11 server (XMing). So it seems the problem
is related to gambas.

I send a sample project that shows the problem. Launch the application,
click on the Tableview to focus it, and press a cursor key. The cursor
will travel in the requested direction 'til the end of the grid.

What can I do about this? I was very very reluctant to upgrade gambas;
but I reached a point where I could no more install or upgrade my
system. Even when trying to install a simple htop(1) from debian
repositories, I was told to upgrade some fu*ing library, which in turn
meant to upgrade gambas, which in turn meant to upgrade QT, GTK,
poppler, libc, libc-bin... well, *hundreds* of packages. I will contact
the debian mantainer about this - I don't care about postgres, firebird,
curl, smtp, opengl, sdl, v4l, xml and things. It seems that to install
gambas on debian one must pull in all the world. The other machine,
having the old version of gambas, has no problems - I copied the gambas
binaries directly, instead of installing them from packages. I can
install and upgrade, and everything runs smoothly. Sorry for the
debian-related blow.

Regards,
Doriano