[Gambas-user] Qt Slider orientation

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Thu Dec 3 08:07:41 CET 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > > You are right: I didn't think doing the same thing when I made the
> > > Toolbar control.
> > >
> > > That's funny, isn't it?
> >
> > Maybe the .orientation was more logic?
> >
> > Suggest to add the .orientation to slider and scrollbar.
> > Add a 3' value to the orientation values as 'auto'
> > If set to auto it wil use the widht/height way else it use the
> > horizontal or vertical as current is definied.
> > Don't forget to add the auto function for the toolbar :) :)
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ron_1st
> >

> If I make an explicit orientation property, why should I spend time making an
> automatic one?

With the way I described the old programs continue to work without change.
This should be the case when auto is default.
(thinking the big project as richard terry has made)

See it as backwards compatible. Also some people may like the height/width ratio.
I prefer the orientation property.

Best regards,

Ron_1st