[Gambas-user] DataCombo doesn't work

Mathias Ebermann math.eber at ...221...
Sun Aug 30 20:54:03 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm experimenting with a DataCombo. Maybe I'm wrong again, but as I understand, it should work like this:

Let's say I have a movie database.
The table "movie" is in my DataSource.
In this table is a field "Directors_ID", the directors are stored in the table "directors", where there is a field "Name".
Then I would put a DataCombo in my DataSource with the properties:
Field = "Directors_ID"
Table = "directors"
Display = "Name"

But all I get is "Query failed: SQL error or missing database".
(the database is sqlite, but that shouldn't matter?)
When I test it with Field = "id", I get a greyed DataCombo with a name, but of course with the wrong index.

What am I doing wrong or thinking wrong?

Of course, I can use code and fill a TextBox or ComboBox with the names, but
- would be nice without, and
- what would be the event to react to, if the record is changed? In VB this was some "RecordChanged" or so event, easy to
use, but here I can't find anything.

Thanks for help. Matti