[Gambas-user] DataControl and "No current Connection" Error

Mathias Ebermann math.eber at ...221...
Fri Aug 28 21:01:04 CEST 2009

Hi,
new in Gambas, I encountered the following problem:

I have a DataSource and a DataBrowser and managed to display the data fine.

Now, I wanted to display details of the data in several DataControls.
If I fill the "Field" property of the DataControls (e.g. Artikel), I get an Error Message "No Current Connection", right at
the start of the program. Nothing runs.
If I leave the "Field" property empty, the program runs. But, of course, the DataControls are empty.

After a lot trial and error I found out, that doing the same thing in code
	DataControl1.Field = "Artikel"
works. This way, everything works fine.

I wonder why the "normal" way (like in the Gambas example) produces this error?
And why does the "code" way work?