[Gambas-user] type mismatch: wanted integer, got string instead (solved)

MSulchan Darmawan bleketux at ...626...
Wed Aug 26 04:01:03 CEST 2009

Pada Tue, 25 Aug 2009 04:29:32 -0600
Dimitris Anogiatis <dosida at ...626...> menulis:

> give it a try MSulchan and tell me if it works for you

Thank you Dimitris, after a little try and error, I change the code
into like this :

      IF IsNull(Val(sRain)) = FALSE THEN
        IF InStr(LCase(sRain), "x") > 0 OR InStr(sRain, "-") > 0 OR InStr(sRain, ".") > 0 THEN
            IF InStr(LCase(sRain), "x") > 0 THEN fRain = 0
            IF InStr(sRain, "-") > 0 THEN fRain = 0
            IF InStr(sRain, ".") > 0 THEN
              sRainy = Replace(sRain, ".", ",")
              fRain = Val(sRainy)
            ENDIF
        ELSE
            fRain = CFloat(Val(sRain))
        ENDIF
      ELSE
        fRain = -1
      ENDIF

Decided to change iRain (integer) to fRain (float).
As Fabien told that Val() use current localization, so I need to change
the decimal separator from dot to comma.
And I think it is fast enough :D

Thanks again.

--
Cheers,