[Gambas-user] howto set starting path for dirview?

Ivan Williams ivanwms64 at ...43...
Tue Aug 25 15:22:20 CEST 2009

Greetings

I am wring a small app that utilizes dirview.  As long as the directories are contained within the user home directory the app can be utilized properly but if the user mounts a external drive the app cannot changedir to the external drive because it is mounted under the /media directory and not the $HOME dir.  How do I change the path of the dirview to see the entire system?  I have tried dirview.root= "/" but it does not work.

Thank you for any assistance.

Ivan

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
Without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-- D.H. Lawrence

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Linux - Live Free or Die.