[Gambas-user] How to set a slider value?

Aleksandrs Livshics aleks.l at ...1865...
Tue Aug 25 09:08:21 CEST 2009

On Monday 24 August 2009 17:33:39 Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2009/8/24 Aleksandrs Livshics <aleks.l at ...1865...>:
> > Dear Gambas users,
> > I am new to Gambas and my question may be silly,
> > however I cannot find how to set a slider value in the
> > code. (Not the initial value, this is easy)
> > I want to specify some event (like double click on a slider)
> > to force it to jump to a predefined position/value.
> >
> > If I write Dbl_click() method and use something like
> > My_slider.value = The_value
> > in it, then slider on screen does not move from where
> > I have set it previously with a mouse. More precisely,
> > It jumps to a position which corresponds to The_value
> > and back to where it was before!
> > Any ideas would be helpful.
>
> try to stop the event after setting the value
>
> public sub MySlider_DblClick()
>   My_slider.value = The_value
>   Stop Event
> end

Thank you for a quick reply. Unfortunately
when I have added the "STOP EVENT " line
nothing really has been changed. When I assign
some value to the slider and PRINT it after the "STOP EVENT"
I have the wanted value printed 2 TIMES and  then probably the
"change"  event happens. In my "Change"
I print the value again as you see below. It is printed also 2
times and in both cases the old value is restored.

PUBLIC SUB SMySlider_Change()
PRINT "  Change -> ", MySlider.value
END

The slider on the screen shows the same:
first it jumps to a specified position and the back...
Alex