[Gambas-user] CheckBox_MouseUp huge PB

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Sun Aug 23 20:50:11 CEST 2009

Jean-Yves F. Barbier a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> In my application I use CheckBoxes to display&set|unset individual rights from
> a database.
>
> When I check|uncheck one, the corresponding xxx_MouseUp() is directly issuing an SQL
> request to GRANT|REVOKE the corresponding right.
> However, for some CheckBoxes I must *reverse* the check as it seems they're not
> set|unset as entering xxx_MouseUp() - AND this behaviour isn't the same from one
> CheckBox to another!??
>
> Is it a normal behaviour?

2.15.2 regular Debian sid package

A small test show (once all events are terminated):

action           uncheck   check
       GTK
..._MouseDown()    n/a      n/a
..._MouseUp()      n/a      n/a
..._Click()         0       -1

       Qt
..._MouseDown()    -1        0
..._MouseUp()      -1        0
..._Click()         0       -1

This don't seem to be a normal behaviour as I also set a counter to seek the procs order:
they are executed as they're listed here.

So, may be MouseDown() could represent the Checkbox status before it occurs
(in which case it should be the only one reversed), but surely not MouseUp
& Click: they should be the same and alike Click().

Of course, this is all false if MouseXXX events begin before the change of status.

How about that?

Does anybody have a tree showing where and when events and changes take place?

JY
--
Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this.  I just got $7 worth
of free stuff for working on Debian !