[Gambas-user] pb changing a char in a string

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Wed Aug 19 20:03:59 CEST 2009

Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, den 19.08.2009, 19:03 +0200 schrieb Jean-Yves F. Barbier:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I've got a global flag that is a string of 2 chars.
>>
>> In some procs, I've to change the 1st char, but I've got an error:
>>
>> Global (class) => EXPORT
>>                   CREATE STATIC
>>                   PUBLIC lastSelection AS String = "DU"
>>
>> monitor => Global.lastSelection = "DU"
>> prout, prout, prout...
>> monitor => Global.lastSelection = "TG"
>>
>> proc => Global.last.Selection[1] = "W"
>>
>> gives me a "not an object" error in proc!??
>> why am I not able to access one char into a string?
>>
>> JY
>
> Salut Jean-Yves,
>
> that you can add to your collection :
>
> schizophrenia, four eyes see more then two!
> Global.lastSelection| = "TG"
> Global.last.Selectio|n[1] = "W"
>                     | <-------- line made by me

Typo!

You can add this to your collection too, Charlie:
"If you awake with four balls, don't think you're a super-human,
 watch the friend that's behind you" :)

JY
--
Special engagement; no discounts, passes or coupons accepted.