[Gambas-user] ambiguous help

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Wed Aug 19 16:17:58 CEST 2009

Doriano Blengino a écrit :
> Jean-Yves F. Barbier ha scritto:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I made a test as: A=B=C=5, the non-clear error msg is:
>> "Ambiguous expression. Please use braces"
>> does it mean: {curly braces}, (round brackets / parenthesis) or [square brackets]?
>> (as many people improperly use the 2nd one with this name)
>>
>> JY
>>
> As this is basic (well, "Almost Basic"), normal parenthesis (-) should
> be used...

so, its brackets, not braces

> Are you trying to test for "B equals C" and assign the result to A? Or
> whatever? The gambas parser is not the most intelligent I've seen, but
> the expression is truely ambiguous, so the reply of the parser is
> 'correctly' ambiguous too... :-)

no, I don't wanna make a comparison, I just wanna have A=5, B=5 & C=5
(did that in C if I remember well), as normally, the rightmost operande
should propagate to the left.
That's not SO important: I was just making small test to see if it was possible,
this is a very common writing in Python too.

--
Hear about...
	the absent minded sculptor who put his model to bed and