[Gambas-user] ambiguous help

Wed Aug 19 15:58:08 CEST 2009

Jean-Yves F. Barbier ha scritto:
> Hi list,
>
> I made a test as: A=B=C=5, the non-clear error msg is:
> "Ambiguous expression. Please use braces"
> does it mean: {curly braces}, (round brackets / parenthesis) or [square brackets]?
> (as many people improperly use the 2nd one with this name)
>
> JY

As this is basic (well, "Almost Basic"), normal parenthesis (-) should
be used...
Are you trying to test for "B equals C" and assign the result to A? Or
whatever? The gambas parser is not the most intelligent I've seen, but
the expression is truely ambiguous, so the reply of the parser is
'correctly' ambiguous too... :-)

Regards,
Doriano