[Gambas-user] libtool management in Gambas 3 & compilation problems

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 17 00:28:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was in holidays the last week, but I took time to work on Gambas a little
anyway.

I did the following changes in the configuration process:

- I put all custom autoconf macros in a "m4" directory. I have upgraded them
with the one provided by Ubuntu 9.04.

- I drop libltdl, the library loader provided by libtool. Now the interpreter
directly uses dlopen().

That way, now I can do a ./reconf && ./configure on a Ubuntu 9.04 without any
warnings and errors.

Now I have to test on Mandriva these changes.

Please tell me if compiling Gambas 3 on your system now is better. When the
problems will be fixed, I will backport the changes to Gambas 2.

Benoît