[Gambas-user] refer to an object with a string

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Sun Aug 16 18:02:28 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I'm trying to refer to come couples Label/CheckBox that have the same suffix
(lbl_ONE & ckb_ONE) to enable/disable couple in one shot.

But after building my strings that are orders, GB tell me its not an object:

PUBLIC SUB lblckb_on_off(which AS String, on AS Boolean)
  DIM lbl AS String
  DIM ckb AS String

  lbl = "lbl_" & which & ".Enabled = "
  ckb = "ckb_" & which & ".Enabled = "
  IF onoff THEN   ' ON
    lbl &= "TRUE"
    ckb &= "TRUE"
    (SOMETHING TO "EXEC" THE STRING)lbl    (or may be: (SOMETHING)lbl = TRUE)
    (SOMETHING TO "EXEC" THE STRING)ckb
  ENDIF
END

Is there a way to do that?

--
tear leather:
	To become excited, as in the sentence "Robin Hood tore