[Gambas-user] text interface apps

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Wed Aug 12 19:45:28 CEST 2009

Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> Tomas Eroles i Forner schrieb:
>> @2,5 SAY "Hello, what is your name?: " GET w_name
>> to write on the coordinates 2,5 on the screen the phrase Hello, what is...
>> Is it possible to do in GAMBAS?
>
> Linux terminal coordinates can have more than 80x25 characters (and
> mostly have). So it would be necessary to determine the size of the
> terminal prior to be able to set sensible coordinates. This is missing,
> as far as I know.

Na, use: stty -a
it'll list all specs about your console and have much more power, as you can
entirely reconfigure TTYs with it.

> And yes: I don't think the special "graphical characters" like in DOS
> (ASCII > 128) exist on a Linux terminal, do they? So it would be
> somewhat difficult to build "mask" like things. Though Midnight
> Commander can do this, how does it handle this? Maybe special fonts for
> terminal output? And top has lines, too...

Na, they exists (try the 'mc' commander), however it's not easy to correctly setup
and good docs aren't very easy to find.

--
How come if you're horny it's lust, but if she's horny it's affection?