[Gambas-user] pickle?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Aug 11 16:07:01 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 02:32 am, Peter Tyler wrote:
> One thing I'm looking for in Gambas is something like the
> python "pickle" functionality.
> Does anyone know if this functionality is available?

Benoit used to talk about object persistence/serialization as a 3.0
feature, but I don't know the status of that yet.  As Steven posted, you
can always just write data types to a file directly, but to write them in a
semi-human-readable format like pickle does would probably need its own
component or module.

Parsing existing pickle data would probably not be that hard; I've done it
in Perl on a number of occasions.

Rob