[Gambas-user] Errors compiling Gambas

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sun Aug 9 18:56:42 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini ha scritto:

>>> You have clearly a problem with your installation of gcc. I think either
>>> you didn't install it completely (for example a new gcc with an old
>>> linker), or the new version of gcc is not compatible with the old one,
>>> but I think it is unlikely.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> Could you please post the the version of gcc needed to compile Gambas?
>> Or the version that you used? I cannot understand why until the rev.
>> #2127 I was able to compile Gambas and now I'm not.
>
> I'm using gcc 4.3.2 on Mandriva 2009.1.
>
> You have the same problem than Dr.Diesel. The configure script tells:

> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... no
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... unsupported
>
> These tests are not made by me, and you see like me that gcc *should* be a GNU
> c compiler, and accept "-g". There is clearly a problem between the compiler
> and the script written to detect it...

Strange. This is what I get:
[leo at ...2193... ~]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.1

As you see, my gcc comes from GNU but it's newer than the one on your
system.
This is the only difference that I see.

Now I'm trying to reinstall gcc, now building it from scratch using
sources...

--
Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...

Co-fondatore di Gambas-it.org
Il sito di riferimento della comunità italiana degli utenti di Gambas
www.gambas-it.org