[Gambas-user] Reading settings

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 7 22:02:10 CEST 2009

> So if I grab the Settings class from this project and import it into
> my project, then I dont need to use the native gb.settings class
>
> Will that suffice?
> what do I do with the Main module and the _Settings class?

Which _Settings class?

You have two classes: Settings, and _SettingsKey. You just have to copy the
two class files in your project, and that's all.

If you export a class from your project, it is exactly as if this class was in
a component : the new Settings class will automatically replace the old
Settings class from the gb.settings component at startup.

You don't even need the gb.settings component then. But you have to export the
new Settings class because other classes inside components may need it.

Tell me if it works!

Benoît