[Gambas-user] Executing commands as root

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 5 17:28:10 CEST 2009

> hey David,
>
> I'm using Debian Lenny 5.0.2 and Gambas 2.14
>
> for me this command works fine
>
> SHELL "gksudo gnome-commander"
>
> but I think it's Gnome specific
>
> I hope it helps
>
> Regards
> Dimitris

By using the INPUT/OUTPUT option of SHELL, you can run "su" or "sudo" inside a
terminal and try to analyze its output to see if you must send a password or
not, and create a GUI for that. It should work - I have never done that.

On the other way, you can use the work already done by desktop environment.
But I think these things are going to be removed (it is already done in KDE4
apparently) and will be replaced by PolicyKit.

Benoît