[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas 3 svn on Ubuntu

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 4 22:43:09 CEST 2009

I finally succeded in compiling Gambas 3 /trunk on Ubuntu without having to
downgrade libtool to 1.5 version.

For the story, this was done on my new Aspire One 751.

When doing ./reconf, you will get a lot of warning messages from "libtoolize".
I have no idea why, I don't have them on Mandriva with the same libtool
version. Apparently they have no consequences, and ./configure, make and make
install go well.

Apparently people using Ubuntu <= 8.xx now have problems, because I had to
update a lot of things in the configuration files to let it work on Ubuntu
9.04.

So, please report your problems as usual.

Benoît