[Gambas-user] Column auto reseize in tables views.

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sun Aug 2 16:32:05 CEST 2009

Il domenica 2 agosto 2009 11:54:12 Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
> > Il sabato 1 agosto 2009 19:36:51 David Villalobos Cambronero ha scritto:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > How can I automaticly auto resize the column width of my gridview or
> > > tableview. I mean, when I show the view, I want all the columns
> > > adjusted to the cell content.
> > >
> > >  Regards
> > >

> > > --
> > > David
> >
> > You can't automatically. You could write a function
> > to calculate the maximum length of a cell content
> > in the same column and then change the column width.
> > The basic thing is that you have to calculate the width
> > of a cell content. You could do this:
> >
> > Dim iContentW as Integer
> >
> > iContentW = GridView1.Font.Width(GridView1[0,0].Text)
> >
> > Once you have the longest cell content, you can resize that
> > column adding a little value.
> >
> > GridView1.Columns[0].Width = iContentW + 10
> >
> > You have to calculate the width of all cell content of a specific row,
> > select the longest, resize the column. Not comfortable, but not
> > impossible.
> >

> > Bye,
> >
> > Stefano
>
> Normally, setting the column width or row height to -1 does the job, but:
> - It seems to work strangely when the GridView is filled by the Data event.
> - It is not implemented in gb.gtk yet.
>
> Regards,

Aaaargh... :-)  there's a lot of magic hidden inside Gambas. I read
the width/column stuff in the help and nothing is telling me
that width = -1 automagically resizes the column width. But I may be
wrong again. :-)

Saluti,

Stefano