[Gambas-user] Column auto reseize in tables views.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 2 11:54:12 CEST 2009

> Il sabato 1 agosto 2009 19:36:51 David Villalobos Cambronero ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How can I automaticly auto resize the column width of my gridview or
> > tableview. I mean, when I show the view, I want all the columns adjusted
> > to the cell content.
> >
> >  Regards
> >

> > --
> > David
>
> You can't automatically. You could write a function
> to calculate the maximum length of a cell content
> in the same column and then change the column width.
> The basic thing is that you have to calculate the width
> of a cell content. You could do this:
>
> Dim iContentW as Integer
>
> iContentW = GridView1.Font.Width(GridView1[0,0].Text)
>
> Once you have the longest cell content, you can resize that
> column adding a little value.
>
> GridView1.Columns[0].Width = iContentW + 10
>
> You have to calculate the width of all cell content of a specific row,
> select the longest, resize the column. Not comfortable, but not impossible.
>

> Bye,
>
> Stefano

Normally, setting the column width or row height to -1 does the job, but:
- It seems to work strangely when the GridView is filled by the Data event.
- It is not implemented in gb.gtk yet.

Benoît